The LIFE Cyclamen team, in collaboration with the Directorate General for European Programmes, Coordination and Development (DG EPCD), the Research & Innovation Foundation and Enterprise Europe Network Cyprus, organised an Open Day Fair on Sunday June 2nd 2019, at the Mall of Cyprus.
The Fair was titled “Empower your environmental action with EU funding” and its purpose was to:
- Give people the opportunity to discuss with the National Contact Point of the LIFE Programme in Cyprus and find out if their idea could be funded under LIFE
- Inform visitors about the different LIFE Projects in Cyprus, which support the protection of the environment and our health
- Provide information about the different funding opportunities from European and National funds at the DG EPCD stand
- Inform people about Horizon 2020 – EU’s Research and Innovation programme, and
- Provide visitors with advice from EEN Cyprus.
Visitors had the opportunity to find out more about the objectives and results of twenty LIFE Projects, namely: LIFE Medea, Relionmed-LIFE, Smart PV, iLifeTroodos, LIFE Oroklini, LIFE Bonelli, LIFE Euroturtles, LIFE-Kedros, LIFE Rizoelia, LIFE for Birds, LIFE Green Grapes, LIFE Che.ree.e, LIFE Against Bird Crime, LIFE B.R.A.V.E.R., WASP Tool, Clima med, AgroLIFE, BIOforLIFE, LIFE KNOW WASTE, and Lifecab.
As the Mall is a family destination, the LIFE Euroturtles Project made sure that our younger visitors would also benefit from the Fair. A special games’ area was set for children to learn about the turtles of the Mediterranean. Needless to say that this was one of the busiest areas of the Open Day Fair!
As an added bonus, visitors could enter a draw to win a €150 gift voucher from Zenith Travel. The winner of the draw was Elena Nefeli Savva and her father Yiannakis Savva received the gift voucher on her behalf.
This Open Day Fair was organised under the LIFE Cyclamen Project.