The Cypriot LIFE NCP, together with the LIFE IP CYzero WASTE project Team, are organising an Online LIFE Info Event on Monday, December 5th, 2022, at 10:00 – 11:15.
The Info Event will focus on the idea and implementation of Green Kiosks, as a means of reducing waste and related waste management costs.
Access link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89411825769
What will be covered at the online Info Event
During this event we will:
- Explore the idea of Green Kiosks.
- Learn from the experience of the project LIFE PAVEtheWAySTE, which installed Green Kiosks in remote areas of Greece, in an effort to facilitate the implementation of the Waste Framework Directive in these areas.
- Learn about how the LIFE IP CYzero WASTE project plans to install Green Kiosks in 20 locations in Cyprus.
- Be informed about how the LIFE Programme benefits Cyprus.
Who can participate
This LIFE Info Event is designed for:
- Local Authorities in Cyprus,
- Organisations that deal with waste management, as well as
- Current and potential LIFE beneficiaries.
Fill in the registration form by December 4th 2022 to secure your participation!
The access code for this online Info Event will be sent to you at a later stage.
This event is part of a series of events organised to celebrate LIFE’s contribution to environmental protection, nature conservation and climate action for the past 30 years.
What is the LIFE Programme
The LIFE Programme is the EU’s funding instrument for the environment and climate action. The general objective of LIFE is to contribute to the implementation, updating and development of EU environmental and climate policy and legislation by co-financing projects with European added value.
What is LIFE-IP CYzero WASTE
LIFE-IP CYzero WASTE is an Integrated LIFE project that aims to address and implement EU and national legislation on waste management and circular economy. This will be achieved through the full implementation of the National Waste Management Plan and the National Waste Prevention Strategy, while addressing main gaps identified in the Environmental Implementation Review for Cyprus (2019) and the Early Warning Report for Cyprus (2018).